The Huguenot museum
The French Church in Berlin (Huguenot Church) recounts its own history in the museum. The Huguenot museum was founded in 1935 and is located in the French Cathedral in Gendarmenmarkt. The collection, which was initially only small, has been continually enlarged and developed through donations and purchases. In the Second World War, the building was destroyed. The reconstruction was accompanied by the desire of the parish to reach the public more with the exhibition and to make the story of the Huguenots more tangible to the public in Berlin. Over the coming years, internal renovation of the building is planned. By adding an intermediate floor, the existing exhibition area will be enlarged. Restructuring of the permanent exhibition will take place during this period.
Find out more about the >> History of Berlin’s Huguenot museum.